My 2nd SW-22 has been a nightmare!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2nd SW-22 has been a nightmare!!

Let me start off by stating that my 1st Viuctory has been a dream to own, modify &, shoot. My 2nd has been a total nightmare. Be even getting to shoot her I had to return her to S&W. The takedown screw was so tight that it broke 2 high quality Allen Keys. S&W said if I drilled out the broken piece of the 2nd Allen Key I'd void the warranty. It took them 6 weeks to remove & replace the take down screw. My first day at the range I was able to shoot 5 rounds. The roll pin in the hammer worked loose & blocked the trigger from resetting. No w I'm getting peeved.....i call Smith & Wesson to ask for a couple roll pins so I can fix my problem. They are currently out of stock. Next I find out that I may have to return the hammer to them or I may void the warranty!! I asked if they could just send me a replacement hammer with a properly installed roll pin & the extension off to the rear of the hammer......that would solve my issue. NOPE, CAN'T SEND A HAMMER.......NOW I'M IN S&W Purgatory.......while they figure out what I need to do next. I figured while I'm waiting for the powers that be decide what to do with my problem I'd go buy some roll pins & replace the broken one. Of course it's an odd size that is only available from S&W. I've owned the gun for nearly 3 months. I have a slew of [TK] and Volquartsen Parts & Pieces just begging me to find them a home. Damn, I gotta go take my original Victory to the range for stress relief.

From what I read on the Victory groups on Facebook, the roll pin is a 3/32" and 1/4" long. You may be able to find them locally or online and not wait for S&W
    Tim

Comment

That has been a big disappointment with me and S&W. I luckily have had no problems whatsoever with either one of my victorys but I did contact S&W to see if I could buy some spare replacement parts from them for when I am on the road shooting competitions. They told me no and they would not sell anything. That really pissed me off. They said if I had any trouble that I would have to send the guns in. That's kind of hard to do when you are on the road and need it fixed quickly. It has crossed my mind to sell both of mine and switch to a different platform. I'm hoping TK will come out with a parts kit for these issues.

Comment

Thanx CNJ22 & BVD608. My 1st SW-22 has over 2K thru get and works like a charm. It has the Vol-Carbon Fiber barrel & rail, [TK]'s; trigger, Altamont Grips & screws, Race Gun Kit, mag-disconnect and a Game Changer (waiting on the Volquartsen) & 5 mag's w/ extended Base Pads

Comment

My 2nd Victory has all the [TK] p arts sittung in a box along w/ the I-flutes Volquartsen Barrel & grips (grey), A DIP, Inc. Picatinny Rail & a Bushnell Throphy Red/Green dot. I may change to another Venom.

Comment

To top every thing off S&W offered my no swag. I did ask i f I could purchase the threaded barrel & they said no!

I think I'm going to sale my 2) 9mm M&P' & my 2) M&P Rimfires. I'll keep the 2 SW-22's & my 15-22. I will never buy another S&W product again

Comment

Originally posted by theburg2014 View Post
              To top every thing off S&W offered my no swag. I did ask i f I could purchase the threaded barrel & they said no!

I think I'm going to sale my 2) 9mm M&P' & my 2) M&P Rimfires. I'll keep the 2 SW-22's & my 15-22. I will never buy another S&W product again
              Yea I highly doubt I will buy anything else from S&W again either...I may sit on mine for a while and see if any spare parts are released. They are really too reliable to get rid of at this point. Here is my Open Victory: Volquartsen Fluted Barrel, Allchin Comp, all the TK goodies, Striplin Custom Thumbrest and C-More mount, 12 moa C-More Slide Ride, and the TK Hive grips that I am testing out for them.

Comment

Sweet Rig! Please tell me more about that thumb rest. What do you think of the "Hive Grips? I just received my Volquartsen Grey Laminate grips today for the 2nd Victory. I won't sell my Victory's. I know that once I get the roll pin issue fixed she'll shoot like my original. But, my M&P Pro Series 9mm & my M&P 9c are going to be sold. I've fallen love w/CZ's P-series. My P-09 is a shooter. I have a P-10 on order.....& I may pick up a very heavily discounted P-07 from Gander My. I'll post a picture of my working Victory in the next day or two.

Comment

You obviously are a great shot & I can feel the passion in your prose......i do miss completion. About all I can do now is sub at my local range leagues. Even though I can't compete I still love my tricked out firearms......I was in an accident involving three cars & a bicycle. Unfortunatly is was on the bicycle....and I lost!! At least I can laugh about it. To make things worse the drunk driver was penniless. What's the saying, "If I didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all"!

Comment

Originally posted by theburg2014 View Post
                    Sweet Rig! Please tell me more about that thumb rest. What do you think of the "Hive Grips? I just received my Volquartsen Grey Laminate grips today for the 2nd Victory. I won't sell my Victory's. I know that once I get the roll pin issue fixed she'll shoot like my original. But, my M&P Pro Series 9mm & my M&P 9c are going to be sold. I've fallen love w/CZ's P-series. My P-09 is a shooter. I have a P-10 on order.....& I may pick up a very heavily discounted P-07 from Gander My. I'll post a picture of my working Victory in the next day or two.
                    Man I hate to hear that. I hope you are doing well tho. Thanks for the compliments! The thumbrest can be found at www.striplincustom.com. My guns feel weird if I do not have a thumbrest on them now. Really helps with hand placement and controlling what little recoil there is. As far as the Hive Grips....THEY ARE AMAZING!!! They are the best feeling grips that I have ever felt and they are very comfortable. I really love the finger grooves and they are very grippy. I also love CZ's! Especially my Cajunized SP-01!

Comment

Thanx for the tip CNJ22 on my roll pin issue. S&W Custom Shop told me that (& this is the God's honest truth) me that they try different sized roll pins & the one that fits is set & the excess is trimmed off!! I said, "What, you be got to be kidding me". He claimed that's why I must return my firearm. So, when the roll pins are back in stock they'll send me 1 & 1 only. I asked, "What if it doesn't fit". The response was "either send back the gun or we'll send you 1 roll pin at a time until you get one that fits". I was freaking peeved. "You mean to tell me that the hammer has different size openings!! I'm a Nuclear Engineer & I've never heard of a precision part not being within a few thousands of an inch in size." He said yes......depending on the lot the hammer is from. I laughed & hung up.

Comment

Wow, it really must depend on what size drill bits they are using this week. This sounds really really stupid.
                        John

Life is an adventure. May you travel it safely.
                        Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"
                        Deus Regnat Exultet Terra.

Comment

Today I received a package from S&W!! It contains a new hammer assembly. The design has changed from the original. I will post the changes to the assembly after i install it. I won't get the chance to install it until the weekend. Once again no swag.......i did sale my other S&W's.

Comment

Working...
                          X