Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger mark IV safety recall

Got this email yesterday
    Thank you for being a loyal Ruger customer. We are reaching out to you because you completed an Owner Notification Card informing us that you purchased a Mark IV™ pistol.

Mark I, Mark II™ and Mark III™ pistols are not affected by this recall.

Please be advised that we have issued a recall for all models of the Mark IV™ (including 22/45™ variants) manufactured prior to June 1, 2017. A link to the Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice appears below.

We are issuing this recall because we have recently learned that certain Mark IV™ pistols, including 22/45™ variants, have the potential to discharge unintentionally if the safety is not utilized correctly. In particular, if the trigger is pulled while the safety lever is midway between the "safe" and "fire" positions, that is, the safety is not fully engaged or fully disengaged, then the pistol may not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, if the trigger is released and the safety lever is then moved from the mid position to the "fire" position, the pistol may fire at that time.

http://ruger-hosted.s3.amazonaws.com...28Cz9s46H8.pdf

We are asking all Mark IV™ owners to visit the recall website at https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIV.../index.php?r=yand sign up for the recall. You will be given the opportunity to enter your serial number to determine whether your pistol is subject to the recall. If it is, you will be asked to provide some contact information so that we can send you a box and shipping label to return your pistol's grip frame assembly to us for retrofitting. Please be advised that we will ship boxes on a first-come, first-served basis. Once we receive your grip frame assembly, we will do our best to return it to you within one week of receiving it. We therefore encourage you to sign up for the recall as soon as possible, if you have not already done so.

If you no longer own your Mark IV™ pistol, we would greatly appreciate your assistance in helping to spread the word to the current owner of the pistol. If you are willing to share this information, please contact our Recall Hotline at 1-800-784-3701. A Ruger Customer Service representative will take this information from you.

Until your Mark IV™ pistol has been retrofitted or you verify that it is not subject to the recall, we strongly recommend that you do not use your pistol.

While we sincerely regret the need to issue this recall, our motto is, and has been for many years, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®." We are firmly committed to safety and appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,
    Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Just filled it out, they will send shipping box etc. They only need the frame. For the inconvenience they will send a free magazine for the model gun.
    Last edited by glenr; 07-28-2017, 04:13 AM.

dude when ruger moved away from the old school tang safety rifles they fell short on accuracy. the new pistols are the same. you have to replace everything on them to make a accurate pistol. they have moved away from making accurate firearms to making firearms if you replace everything is a good gun. their new mark ii rifles are junk. they are all junk and real match shooters will tell you off the bat they are not even looked at. it is all ruger and their lawyers. they make lawyer proof crap. if you fix what is wrong ruger will blame you if something happens. ruger will keep producing lack lust firearms and hope we fix them at our expense.
    Last edited by gonzo; 07-28-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

What all you say may be true, But I found mine to be good for my skill level. But I will say that I won't be changing anything on it since the S&W model 41 came into my life. With the Nill-Griffe grip and ultra-dot II, my bullseye scores improved so much that I haven't shoot any of the other 22's that I own. I love the trigger on the model41

Comment

Well the packaging, bubble bag, tag and instructions came yesterday, sealed it up and dropped it off at the local P.O. no we will see how long it takes and what they do to it.

Comment

Working...
        X