Failure to feed/load issues with the lite version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to feed/load issues with the lite version

Ok I have a 22/45 Lite fully tricked out with Tandemkross toys. Other than it is a real PIA to get back together. It has worked fine after a couple thousand rounds and a couple of cleanings with out taking it a part. It has started to have issues in feeding bullets, Makes no difference which brand of ammo or which type of the brand. It also makes no difference which of the 6 magazines I use. I would like to continue using this gun in the next local bullseye league.
    I have looked at the ramp and it doesn't appear to have any problems with the surface area from the magazines. I have cleaned and taken the magazines apart. I have removed the parting lines and smoothed out the plastic followers, then lubed the slide rails with a dry lube (Motor Mica). When you feed the ammo out of the magazines by hand there are no hang ups. Anybody have any ideas.
    Thanks

I have heard the loaded chamber indicator has been know to cause problems. it can be removed and I have heard issues went away. I am new to mine. had it about a year now. getting ready to go over it myself.

Comment

I am still out on weather or not it is really beneficial to remove the LCI. I have been shooting mine for a couple years now with the LCI still installed and had no issues that I could directly attribute to that part. One of the biggest reasons was that I just couldn't get the durn thing out.... Low and behold last week while cleaning my pistol I gave it one more try, and " THE PIN MOVED". Needless to say I took the pin out and removed the steel insert and re-installed the plastic flag. I have since been to the range (once) and to tell you the truth I had no feed issues ... not that I had been having any prior to the removal. I'll be shooting it this way for the winter then re evaluating. I may or may not try putting it back in. If I don't then I will replace the plastic for steel.
      John

Life is an adventure. May you travel it safely.
      Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"
      Deus Regnat Exultet Terra.

Comment

In reading the hits on the net about FTL's FTF's ect The general consensus is has has ti do with the ramp and or magazine lips. Since I have 6 magazines all factory type. I figured I would give it a teardown clean Mine had problems last time it was taken down and then wouldn't go back together. Well cleaned everything and then used fely bobs and fritz's polish on the ramp till it shines. Took down all the magazines, Then cleaned all the parts. Polished the feed lips, inside and out, the slots edges wear the thumb pin rides in, removed all all the flashing marks from the plastic followers polished with a plastic polish and waxed all sliding surfaces with a micro crystalline wax ( Renaissance wax).

I also polished the take down pin, and the holes it fits in. I also wacked the barrel with a leather mallet. The pin holding the LCI in shot out of the barrel. I did install the replacement from Tandemkross. That I have had since I bought all the toys from them after the gun came out. I went in with out a hitch. I was pleasantly surprised as the gun went back together with out a problem .
        I went up to the range yesterday, They had a full house and standing room only! I guess more people have another week off from work! I tend to forget since I have been retired for a while. And most days I have the range to myself most days. I will try again this morning as it opens.

Comment

Well went to the range and ran 60 rounds thru the 22/45 Lite. 59 went thru the one that didn't work was a little strange. I load the magazines with one of the thumb saver type loaders, and then wa\ck the back of the mags on the lane bench. Between the cleaning and polishing the ramp along with replacing the LCI my problem was solved.

Comment

Great to hear Glen... I made my own thumb saver loader, it is really appreciated in the temperatures below 40 degrees.
            John

Life is an adventure. May you travel it safely.
            Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"
            Deus Regnat Exultet Terra.

Comment

I agree, The Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) was likely the culperit in your failures. I never liked that feature/problem in my Mark III Hunter or in my Mark III 22/45 Lite. The LCI’s will sit in a plastic pouch for eternity. LOL.. Using the FIller Plate makes cleaning the chamber area easier too.

Comment

Working...
              X