Building an SW22 Victory for NSSF competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an SW22 Victory for NSSF competition

I bought a SW22 with the idea that I could build an NSSF competitive gun. I have fired Over 1000 rds through it and stoned the sear and hammer to smooth up the action. I have installed a Tandemkross Trigger and VQ gripps.

I have consistently shot 10's on the 25 yard bullseye targets using the SW 22 Victory out of the box sights.

Now my questions:

(1). TRIGGER

The Tandem mark trigger has a slight side to side wiggle. Is it worth the effort to install a thicker washer to eliminate this wiggle ? I don't want to introduce any increase in trigger pressure required to release the sear.

I still have to much creep ! Has any one reworked the hammer/Sear to eliminate this??

(2). GRIPS

The VQ gripps are some improvement to the gun but they are not close to perfect.

When I wrap my fingers around the grip with my Thumb web centered under the rear sight and pushed against the gun my middle finger is against the shelf that is right under the trigger guard. Misserable fit !! Should I use my handy dandy sander to remove it or___??

The ball of my hand does not have good contact with the grip. Should I use Bondo to build the grip in this area.

The grip does not offer good support for the heel of my hand. Does any one have suggestions for correcting this ??

(3). SIGHTS

The Fiber optic sights are not good for target shooting. Does anyone have suggestions for a set of good Sharp target Sights ?

I run a Victory for NSSF and Steel Challenge and I love it! As far as the TK trigger goes, the have came out with an updated bushing to fix this problem. I personally cannot help you with the VQ grips because they were not fit for me. I tried a friends and had trouble with dropping the mags because of my grip and the extended mag release. I haven't really checked into other sight options because I personally like the factory sights, although I did blacken out the rear sight and leave the f.o. up front.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bvfd608 View Post
        I run a Victory for NSSF and Steel Challenge and I love it! As far as the TK trigger goes, the have came out with an updated bushing to fix this problem. I personally cannot help you with the VQ grips because they were not fit for me. I tried a friends and had trouble with dropping the mags because of my grip and the extended mag release. I haven't really checked into other sight options because I personally like the factory sights, although I did blacken out the rear sight and leave the f.o. up front.
        I replaced the VQ grips with a set of custom grips made by Precision Pistol Grips. They fit both the gun and me like a glove. The owner of Precision Grips is the coach of the Purdue university pistol team and has combined his knowledge with the new 3D Printing process to develop custom grips at a reasonable cost and provide them to his clients in less than two weeks. The last custom grips I bought cost a fortune and toon 6 months,.

www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com

I think I will try the blackened on my sw22 rear sight and see if that improves things.
        Last edited by SFShooter; 02-25-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

You may want to check out the new "Hive" grips from Tandemkross, I handled a Victory this last weekend equipped with them and found them to feel really good. #Tandemkross TANDEMKROSS

Comment

Can't find the "hive" grips.

Comment

Originally posted by SFShooter View Post
              Can't find the "hive" grips.
              Here is the new Hive Grips from TK. They feel amazing and are very grippy. I love them!

Comment

I have TK Hive grips on my Victory and although not perfect, they are much better than the stock grips.

Comment

Working...
                X