30 br

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 br

anyone else still driving the 30BR these days?
    I am in the middle of building a new one, seams they are not near as popular as they were once upon a time.

lets see some pictures of the ones that still get driven target pictures also welcome

Mine is being painted (the stock) right now I'll post you a pic in a couple days

Comment

mine is built on a stevens 200 short action, SSS benchrest stock, rifle basix 2 ounce trigger, tactical bolt knob, single shot follower and a heavy duty recoil lug. I am going to put a weaver T36 in leupold QRW rings this time. I should mention it is a prefit shillen 24 inch stainless super match barrel and new barrel nut. I also got the .223 bolt face and a heavy varmint .223 barrel that mounts on this rig for fun. May get a 6br and 222 barrel in the future.

I figured I would go with a switch barrel to save a couple bucks as I only needed to buy one stock, one trigger and one scope with mounting hardware. I may duplicate the stock and get another donor action though, the Qrw rings may stay or may go not sure yet.

One day it will be all assembled and ready for the camera until them I am sure your not interested in seeing all the parts just laying on my work bench

Comment

Switching barrels is the way to go to save money. I have a 6ppc and 30 BR setup on my Rem 40x action

Comment

30br

The 30BR is by far the most popular round at Score matches. To see for yourself, checkout benchrest.com.

Here is a picture of Agent Smith, one of my 30BRs built by Borden Rifles.

This is Lucy, another match winning 30BR.

More 30BRs at my house.

Various pics over here
          http://imageevent.com/avangorder/guns/matches

Enjoy,

Adrian

Comment

Nice looking rifles. I'm having a 30BR barrel made at the moment which I'm planning to use for score matches. but in the mean time I have been using my ppc. So far it won the first two.

Comment

PPCs are much more enjoyable to shoot. I really enjoy the softer recoil. The 30BR has a bit more bite to it.

Will your 30BR be a heavy or a light gun?

Adrian Van Gorder
              Virginia

Comment

I need to order dies for my 30 BR, what are you guys using for dies? And who is likely to have them in stock?

Nice rifle collection by the way, I am a bit jealous

Comment

Originally posted by yodave View Post
                  I need to order dies for my 30 BR, what are you guys using for dies? And who is likely to have them in stock?

I'm using Wilson dies with an arbor press. You can get the dies from midway http://www.midwayusa.com/ and the arbor press from Bruno's http://www.brunoshooters.com Here's what my reloading stuff looks like http://takdriver.com/showthread.php?t=601

Comment

Originally posted by AVanGorder View Post
                    PPCs are much more enjoyable to shoot. I really enjoy the softer recoil. The 30BR has a bit more bite to it.

Will your 30BR be a heavy or a light gun?

Adrian Van Gorder
                    Virginia
                    We're aiming for a light gun. It's a rough estimate right now without the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by yodave View Post

Harrell's Precision is the 30BR die you want. They make a full lenth sizing die with bushings for the neck. Works fantastic.

The website is below but give them a call to order. It usually only takes a couple days.

http://www.harrellsprec.com/

Use a Wilson Inline seater die and you can't go wrong. I like the one with the micrometer built right in. Sinclair International usually has them in stock.
                      The first picture is just the seater die. The second pic is both dies together. The pictures aren't the best but you can see the quality of the hardware.

Comment

What About This

A 30br Target shot with my 10lb Vhtr Rifle, Another Left Hand Borden chambered in 30 BrX.

Picture 049.1.JPG

Rimrock1.jpg

BRXtarget.JPG
                        I'm Just a Score Shooter!

Comment

Originally posted by S.Grosvenor View Post
                          A 30br Target shot with my 10lb Vhtr Rifle, Another Left Hand Borden chambered in 30 BrX.

[ATTACH]19[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21[/ATTACH]
                          Very Nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by AVanGorder View Post
                            Very Nice!!

Just following your lead! You got a bunch of nice looking Rocks (Rimrocks) yourself.
                            I'm Just a Score Shooter!

Comment

man

Originally posted by takdriver View Post
                              We're aiming for a light gun. It's a rough estimate right now without the barrel.
                              go heavy ! 13.5 dont look back

Comment

Working...
                              X